“Employment law, or work-related issues are many, varied and sometimes complex. I enjoy helping clients navigate the minefield of legislation and rules so that they can move forward effectively and in their best interests, whether employer or employee.”
Craig has been a solicitor for 20 years, specialising in Employment law throughout. He was a partner for many years with two local Buckinghamshire firms and joins Colemans following a couple of years working in London as General Legal Counsel for a wine producer.
Key expertise and experience
- HR support. Assisting HR Managers and those businesses without an HR manager, with all manner of HR issues, from disciplinary and grievance, to benefits packages, bonus agreements and the like.
- Data protection. Advising businesses on compliance issues. Drafting policies.
- Contracts and staff handbooks. Reviewing the business need, drafting documents from scratch or updating as required. Director’s service agreements and consultancy agreements.
- Corporate transactions. TUPE and general advice on business or company sale/acquisition. For example, in relation to informing and consulting your staff or advising on the terms and conditions etc. of potential new staff when taking over a contract or business.
- Litigation. Representing employers or employees/contractors in Employment Tribunal, County Court or High Court claims, with significant experience of seeking to enforce restrictive covenants or defending claims.
- Settlement Agreements. Drafting for employer clients or advising employees.
Having worked in-house, in addition to Employment Law, Craig is also somewhat knowledgeable about EU wine and food labelling regulations and general commercial law.
- Being direct with advice.
- Drafting complicated documentation, such as restrictive covenants and complex bonus arrangements.
Memberships, panels, accreditations…
Employment Lawyers Association.
Outside of work…
Craig spends most of his free time as the “Dad taxi” service for his two boys. Time permitting, he also likes to keep fit, play the occasional round of golf and hand of duplicate bridge.