“Buying or selling commercial property can be challenging, time consuming and complex, even for those who are familiar with the process. I enjoy taking a proactive approach and keeping those involved fully informed, so that these transactions are completed as quickly and smoothly as possible.”
Dara is a commercial property solicitor and has more than twenty years’ experience in this field. Dara worked in London after qualifying, looking after foreign property investors and then worked for more than ten years at a large regional Buckinghamshire firm. Dara has been working in Surrey in private practice for the last five years dealing with office, retail and the warehouse/distribution sectors.
Key expertise and experience
- Commercial property: sales and acquisitions; option agreements; conditional contracts, planning collaboration agreements and overage;
- Landlord and Tenant: drafting leases within and excluded from the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 Part II for all types of uses such as offices, retail, warehouse and distribution, licensed premises, hotels, mineral extraction and waste infilling; agreements for leases; surrenders and underleases; deeds of variation; rent review provisions and guarantees; rent deposit agreements; licences to assign, sublet and for alterations; advice on dilapidations, break clauses and covenants;
- Business transactions: share and asset sales and purchase agreements advice on warranties; advice on property aspects of agency and franchising agreements; property management agreements.
- Acquisitions and disposals on business parks and of industrial sites;
- Complex commercial leases, including leasebacks;
- Development both residential and commercial.
- Concise and practical advice;
- Friendly and direct approach.
- Dara has worked on the passage of a private bill for the London Docklands Light Railway with parliamentary agents;
- Dara has acted for lenders in the refinancing of multiple care homes nationally and in securing loans for purchases of shopping centres;
- Dara has dealt with leasing of retail units on the Olympic site in London.
Dara lives in South Bucks and is married with two teenage children. When not being “Mum’s taxi service”, Dara enjoys salsa dancing and walking in the country. Dara is also an avid reader.