“The key to a successful house move is keeping my clients informed every step of the way. It can be frustrating if a client feels nothing is happening so I always reassure them by phone or email.I’ve worked in residential property for over 25 years but the thrill of handing a client the keys to their new home is undiminished. Every thank you card is very much appreciated…”
John entered the legal profession some 35 years ago. He qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives in 1985 and subsequently undertook further study and examinations to be admitted as a Solicitor in 1994. He has practised property law for over 25 years, having previously gained experience in other legal areas and joined Colemans in December 2010.
Key expertise and experience…
- Conveyancing. Buying and selling of freehold and leasehold properties and parcels of land.
- Lease extensions. (residential and commercial), declarations of trust for joint owners.
- Indemnity insurance. Knowledge of indemnity insurance products available to solve problem transactions.
- Buy-to-let property. Sales, purchase, mortgages.
- Mortgages and re-mortgages.
- Declaration of trusts for joint owners.
- Deeds of variation/Deeds of Covenant. Regarding residential leases.
- Being approachable, responsive, methodical and thorough.
- His constructive approach to problem solving which is really appreciated by his clients and fellow professionals.
- Working closely with estate agents and mortgage lenders to steer transactions to a smooth completion.
Outside of work…
Away from the office, John has a keen interest in sport in general and football and cricket in particular, and is married with three adult children.