“Disputes are not generally happy times. To support our clients, we respond quickly, clearly and decisively with the options available to them, so they always know what may happen next.”
Kate began her legal career at Colemans in 2007, as a trainee solicitor. She made outstanding progress in litigation and property matters and rapidly progressed to become Head of the firm’s Litigation Department in February 2013 and, more recently, to become a Partner of the firm in April 2015.
Key expertise and experience
- Contract disputes. Commercial contracts/informal agreements; identification of/action on breaches of contract; potential damages calculation.
- Debt recovery (private/commercial). Tailored creditor advice on legal rights, procedures and a wide range of enforcement options; debtor advice/negotiation settlements.
- Property litigation disputes (commercial/residential). Landlord & Tenant rent and/or service charge arrears; dilapidations; forfeiture, breach of contracts and applications to Court for new tenancies under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954, possession proceedings.
- Land disputes. Advice and investigation of boundary disputes; party wall liability; settlement guidance.
- Joint ownerships/cohabitation disputes. Advice/negotiation/settlement for owners where properties are owned jointly, but one party no longer wishes to continue the association.
- Employment disputes. If negotiations fail, advice guidance and representation for employers or employees throughout Employment Tribunal process; procedures and potential settlement negotiations with ACAS.
- Professional negligence disputes. Advising and issuing proceedings against other professionals if they have acted negligently or in breach of contract.
- Insolvency. Advising on and issuing court proceedings arising from liquidation; bankruptcy or administration.
- Incisive analysis of all the key legal issues and a winning mentality.
- Being fair, decisive and results-driven.
- Quickly getting to grips with what is important for her clients and helping them to achieve the best results – whether they are Claimant or Defendant.
- Property related litigation where her experience and understanding of property work gives her the edge over opponents.
Memberships, panels, accreditations…
- Institute of Directors, Berkshire
Outside of work…
When not at the office, Kate is a regular at her local gym and enjoys running, horse riding and skiing, the latter of which she learned to do whilst living near the French Alps as a child. Kate applies her competitive instincts to both her work and her hobbies.