“I love the thrill of commercial property work, be it sound advice given or a complex transaction completed. Helping clients to get the best result in any given situation is very rewarding. Every day I aim to exceed my client’s expectations so that they always want to use my services again should the need arise and recommend me to others. Personal recommendations are the ultimate compliment and make it even more worthwhile.”
Victoria is a dual qualified solicitor having been called to the Bar in Nigeria in December 1992. Victoria then took a break from legal practice and was admitted as a solicitor in England in 2004. Before joining Colemans, Victoria has gained her extensive experience working in central Government, Local Authority and private practice. Victoria has worked in-house for the public sector and acted for institutional investors, developers, Self-Invested Pension Properties, small-medium companies, and family businesses in some highly respected law firms in London, Surrey, Oxfordshire and the Thames Valley.
Victoria is excited to join the Colemans team to work with the Managing Partner/Head of Commercial Property, Michael Stone, and use her experience in a wide range of commercial property work, for the clients’ benefit.
Victoria has built a reputation for “going that extra mile” with her clients providing them with sound business and strategic advice.
Key expertise and experience…
- Landlord and Tenant. Advising on lease provisions, licences, deeds, covenants, and dilapidations. Drafting and preparing various types of leases including agreements for lease, leases of school premises, local authorities, shop parades, offices, retail units to include all ancillary landlord and tenant work.
- Lease Extensions and Enfranchisement. Experience in dealing with the negotiated or statutory processes to include preparing notices and contract documentation.
- Party Wall Act 1996. Advising on procedure under the Act.
- Acquisitions of and disposals of development premises. Investigating title, preparing, and negotiating option agreements, overage agreements, development agreements, conditional contracts and planning agreements.
- Property Finance. Investigating and reporting on title, searches, and pre-contract enquiries. Carrying out extensive due diligence checks and post completion formalities including cancellation of charges at Companies House and Land Registry.
- Property Investment/Portfolio Management. Preparing and completing licences to assign/underlet, deeds of covenant, applications for consents etc.
- Victoria’s experience as a former public-sector solicitor is particularly helpful in understanding and advising public sector clients or clients involved in public sector transactions.
- Experience of land and property disposals to academy trusts and free schools.
- Being friendly and receptive to clients, agents and colleagues alike.
- Being proficient and thorough in work delivery.
- Going the “extra mile” for clients and being committed to achieving great results.
- A practical approach to resolving issues.
- Dealt with the acquisition of the Battle of Britain World War II Bunker and adjoining Storage Bunker at RAF Uxbridge subject to a £1 Million grant from HM Treasury.
- Handled the acquisition of £5 Million freehold interest in two large development sites for future developments on behalf of the local authority and granting occupational leases to a medium sized corporation with provisions permitting subletting of the whole.
Victoria lives ‘down the road’ in Henley with her husband and her varied interests include scuba diving, travelling and going to the movies. She is a keen sports fan with arm-chair support for Arsenal FC, Wasps RFC and fringe support for Liverpool FC and Northampton Saints RFC. Victoria is also a devoted supporter of various amateur dramatic companies.