Running your business requires a lot of effort, time and skill. Maintaining high levels of client service, keeping your employees protected and productive, as well as nurturing your bottom line are just some of the challenges you no doubt face.
Just as vital is the need to manage your commercial transactions and get the right advice to ensure that your business enterprise is operating legally, smoothly and efficiently.
Our team of lawyers can assist in all aspects of business transactions, whether it be setting up, buying or selling a business or dealing with the day-to-day transactions required by a commercial enterprise. We’ll be clear, competent and committed to your best interests.
As part of that commitment, all of our solicitors regularly liaise with other professionals such as accountants, bankers, management and other specialised consultants – enabling us to give you broader advice relating to your situation.
Company and Commercial Law – key areas of expertise…
- Sale & purchase of businesses. Negotiation and drafting of business sale and purchase agreements (including legal due diligence).
- Company shares. Negotiation, issue, sale and purchase of company shares including Share Options.
- Confidentiality. Drafting of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Equity sharing. Drafting investment and shareholder agreements.
- Management buy-outs. Advice, drafting contracts, facilitation of process.
- Employment. Advice on employees’ contracts of employment, directors’ service agreements and consultancy agreements, on disciplinary and grievance procedures, settlement agreements and management of HR issues.
- Franchises. Drafting agreements (for either franchisor or franchisee).
- Finance. Security and loan documentation, finance leasing and bank guarantees.
- Company secretarial. Advice on legislative issues including director duties and company formalities.
- Intellectual Property. Advice and drafting of licences and other agreements relating to trademarks, patents and other IP.
- General. Commercial contracts, terms and conditions of business, agency and distribution agreements.
Need company and commercial guidance? Consult Colemans.
…We’re a winning combination of legal knowledge, experience and service.