“A relationship breakdown can be a daunting experience, at Colemans we take the time to understand your personal needs and offer a range of solutions to suit you. With compassion and understanding, we will guide you through every step of the way, to achieve the best possible outcome for you and your family.”
Denise joined Colemans in 2016, and became Head of Family in November 2020.
Previously Denise practised for many years in private practice, 13 years of which was spent at a firm in Buckinghamshire, where Denise trained and qualified as a solicitor in 2007. She was appointed Head of Debt Recovery, dealing with Civil and Commercial claims, and her expertise extends to Employment law and Family Law in which she now specialises.
Key expertise and experience
Family law experience
- Denise’s focus sits firmly on divorce matters where there are high net worth financial assets. Her expertise extends to dealing with complex finances, where significant assets are involved including pensions, trusts, businesses, and assets outside of the UK.
- She also has expertise in dealing with private law children act matters including child arrangements and shared care.
- Denise deals also with Domestic violence issues including applications and advice in relation to non-molestation and occupation orders.
- Represented a respondent husband in financial remedy proceedings, achieving a hugely successful outcome for the client in a complex finances case which involved significant assets including pensions in excess of £1m, and securing his business, in his favour;
- Acting for the wife in securing her interest in the family home and enabling her to remain living there with her children, with a lump sum payable to the husband enabling them to achieve a clean break, and achieving a division of assets in her favour in excess of 50%.
- Acting for a respondent wife, who is not the higher earner, in a complex finances case involving significant pension provisions, proceeds of a business sale, and shares, with total assets in excess of £2.5m, and securing her a division of assets in her favour which exceeds 50%
- Successfully represented a father in an application for contact and shared care, of his two young children, where contact had been substantially reduced by the mother, resulting in him achieving shared care of the children, in spite of mother raising (unfounded allegations) of safeguarding issues;
- Successfully represented applicant father in his application for shared care of his children, achieving an agreed shared care arrangement.
- Represented a respondent husband in an ex-parte application for non-molestation and occupation orders, achieving agreement with wife to discontinue those proceedings, and further successfully securing contact to be re-instated for his children where contact had ceased entirely;
- Her solid background in litigation gives an advantage in negotiating
- Excellent client communication
- Having a friendly, approachable and sympathetic manner
- Denise is a member of the accredited and prestigious Family Law body, Resolution
- The Law Society, Member.
- Denise, sits on the Board of Trustees for the Dash (Domestic Violence Stops Here) Charity, who support those who suffer from abuse.
- Denise is a Committee member for the Bucks and Berks Region of Resolution.
- Denise is also a Foundation Governor at a local Church of England primary academy. She Chairs the Personnel committee and sits on the Finance committee.
Outside of work…
Denise is married and has a young family. She is an active member of the Church and she enjoys regularly teaching the Sunday school.