“Being able to communicate effectively and efficiently with the client at all times, is key to achieving the overall goal”
Denise has been with Colemans for over 3 years during which time she has significantly developed her expertise in family law, specialising in divorce and finances where there are complex high net worth financial disputes, and children’s matters.
Denise’s has practised for many years in private practice, 13 years of which was spent at a high street firm in Buckinghamshire, where Denise trained and qualified as a solicitor in 2007. She was appointed Head of Debt Recovery, dealing with Civil and Commercial claims, and her expertise extends to Employment law and Family Law in which she now specialises.
Key expertise and experience
Family law experience
- Divorce and finances – advice on division of financial assets. Negotiating finances upon separation, including property, pensions, business assets and maintenance.
- Cohabitation – advice in connection with cohabitation agreements
- Joint ownerships/cohabitation disputes – advice/negotiation/settlement for owners where properties are owned jointly, but one party no longer wishes to continue the association.
- Mediation – advising on mediation objectives and procedures.
- Children’s matters, child arrangements for contact, shared care, parental responsibility
- Domestic violence – advice in relation to non-molestation and occupation orders
- Separation – advice on resolving issues around separation, living arrangements and financial matters.
Employment law experience
- Settlement Agreements – advice relating to settlement agreements / negotiation in relation to severance payments / employee benefits / notice pay; drafting and revising terms
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures – advice relating to investigatory meetings and appeals
- Advice relating to claims for Unfair or Constructive dismissal / Discrimination claims / redundancy
- Having a flexible approach to a range of situations
- Her solid background in litigation gives an advantage in negotiating
- Excellent client communication
- Having a friendly, approachable and sympathetic manner
Denise’s focus sits firmly on divorce matters where there are high net worth financial assets. Her expertise extends to dealing with complex finances, where significant assets are involved including pensions, businesses and assets outside of the UK.
- Recently represented a respondent husband in financial remedy proceedings, achieving a hugely successful outcome for the client in a complex finances case which involved significant assets including pensions in excess of £1m, and securing his business, in his favour;
- Represented a respondent husband in an ex-parte application for non-molestation and occupation orders, achieving agreement with wife to discontinue those proceedings, and further successfully securing contact to be re-instated for his children where contact had ceased entirely;
- Successfully represented a father in an application for contact and shared care, of his two young children, where contact had been substantially reduced by mother, resulting in him achieving shared care of the children, in spite of mother raising (unfounded allegations) of safeguarding issues;
- Successfully represented applicant father in his application for shared care of his children, achieving an agreed shared care arrangement.
- Denise is a member of the accredited and prestigious Family Law body, Resolution.
- The Law Society. Member.
- Working towards Family Panel Membership
Outside of work…
Denise is married and has a young family. Outside the office, Denise sits on the Board of Governors at Great Kingshill Church of England school. Denise, is an active member of the church, and she enjoys regularly teaching children at Sunday School.