“Every individual’s personal circumstances are unique. Getting to know clients and their wishes and producing bespoke documents to preserve their wishes is a rewarding aspect of private client work.”
Harriet qualified as a solicitor in 2014 and specialises in Private Client law. Harriet joined Colemans in October 2020 having previously worked in London and Buckinghamshire.
Key Expertise and Experience
Harriet has wide ranging experience in the following areas:
- Wills: advising individuals on suitable, tax efficient Wills, incorporating outright gifts and trusts;
- Lifetime Planning: providing Inheritance Tax advice on lifetime gifting and estate planning;
- Trusts: advising on setting up trusts, the taxation of trusts and providing trustees with on-going advice on the administration and management of trusts;
- Lasting Powers of Attorney: assisting individuals with putting in place Lasting Powers of Attorneys for Financial Decisions and Health and Welfare, including advising on the role of the attorney, the appointment of suitable attorneys and the registration process.
- Estates: advising executors in the administration of estates and assisting throughout the probate process, including submitting applications for the Grant of Probate and assisting with cross border estates.
- Building longstanding, trusted relationships with clients;
- Engaging with clients to fully understand their personal circumstances, needs and objectives and implementing their wishes effectively and efficiently;
- Communicating technical concepts to clients clearly and concisely;
- Law Society
- Affiliate member of Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners having completed three out of the four qualifying examinations.
Outside of Work
Harriet enjoys heading out on a brisk walk or bike ride with her family. She also enjoys cooking, Pilates and holidays in the sun. Harriet is a French speaker having spent a number of years living in France.