“Helping our clients to plan for the future by delivering clear and accurate advice is very rewarding, especially in such a highly personal and technically complex area of law.”
Key Expertise and Experience
Sophie has wide ranging experience in the following areas:
- Wills: advising individuals on suitable, tax efficient Wills, incorporating outright gifts and trusts.
- Trusts: advising on setting up trusts, the taxation of trusts and providing trustees with on-going advice on the administration and management of trusts.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney: assisting individuals with putting in place Lasting Powers of Attorneys for Financial Decisions and Health and Welfare, including advising on the role of the attorney, the appointment of suitable attorneys and the registration process.
- Probate: advising executors in the administration of estates and assisting throughout the probate process, including submitting applications for the Grant of Probate.
- Always having an approachable and empathetic manner
- Understanding clients’ needs and providing excellent communication and support
- Providing clear advice on complex and technical issues and drafting documents that achieve clients’ goals
- Affiliate member (and working towards full membership) of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the leading worldwide professional body for practitioners in the field of trusts and estates.
Sophie is a keen skier, a mediocre pianist and has a passion for hiking. She has completed a number of long-distance treks around the world and aims to one day tick off every National Trail in Britain.