When relationships falter for whatever reason, and there seems to be no agreed way forward, it can be emotional and confusing.
You may be unsure as to what to do next and worried about how to protect yourself, and perhaps your children. You may also want or need to clarify your financial position immediately. It’s not always easy to talk about extremely private issues, and seeking a solicitor can seem a daunting step to take. We’re here to help and taking early advice can be invaluable.
We believe it is important to find the right solicitor for you, and to establish this on making initial contact with Colemans, your call will be directed straight away to one of our family solicitors for an initial chat, offering their experience and knowledge from the start.
We have a sensitive, practical approach that will help you, and the rest of your family, to move onto the next chapter of your life.
As members of the accredited Family Law body, Resolution, our aim is to reach a non-confrontational solution, which considers the needs of your whole family. However, standing up for your rights is an important part of our role and when a non-confrontational solution cannot be reached, we will be there to look after your best interests and those of your children. Read more…
To see what some of our clients have said about their experience and us please click here.
Family Law – our key areas of expertise…
- Divorce and separation. Advice on resolving issues around how to separate. How do you start Divorce Proceedings? Read more…
- Division of financial assets. Advice, support and direction in negotiating finances upon separation, including property, pensions and business assets and maintenance. What do we do once an agreement has been reached? Read more…
- Children matters. Sensitive child-centered matters relating to residence and contact.
- Cohabitation. Explanation/drafting of cohabitation agreements relating to arrangements which will apply when parties are living together; as well as establishing rights in event of relationship breakdown.
- Civil partnerships. Guidance on the rights and responsibilities that apply when a couple enter into a civil partnership. Drafting of agreements.
- Pre-nuptial agreements. Advice and drafting agreements in this emerging area of law. What is the importance of a Pre-Nuptial Agreement? Read more…
- Mediation. Facilitation of meetings between parties to resolve disputes, in a confidential and neutral environment. Support in the negotiation of future family plans.
- Domestic abuse. Confidential and experienced advice on this area and protection including injunctions and what to do in the event of breaches of court orders. What do I do if I’m suffering from abuse? Read more…
In addition, our other areas of expertise in property, business, Wills and Trusts can also provide invaluable advice, related to family matters.
Going through a family crisis? Instruct Colemans.
…We’re an ideal combination of legal knowledge, experience and service.
Initial 1 hour consultation for £150 including VAT
Our family department offers an initial 1-hour consultation for a fixed fee of £150 including VAT. During the 1-hour consultation, we aim to fully understand your personal circumstances and ensure that you leave the meeting having received the relevant advice and information on costs and timescales to enable you to make an informed decision about how to move forward.
To establish that personal touch, particularly as you will be discussing sensitive and emotional personal matters, we are happy to conduct the initial consultation via video conferencing such as Zoom or Teams. This also means that you no longer have to be located close by.
Contact one of our specialist family solicitors on telephone 01628 631051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.