“Nobody wants to get involved in litigation. It is time-consuming, expensive and there are many other, more productive things that you could be doing! That said, if you are in that unfortunate position, you need to have confidence that your solicitor can take swift and decisive action on your behalf.”
Clive began his career in North London, moving on to become a partner in a Central London commercial practice where he acted on behalf of national and international clients. He moved to South Bucks in the early 1990s to become head of litigation in a regional practice and develop the litigation offering. Some 30 years on he brings his considerable experience and expertise to Colemans as a Consultant Solicitor.
Key expertise and experience
- Winning a 17 day High Court action involving multiple parties. Amalgamating Companies Court and Chancery Division issues, culminating in an application for a worldwide injunction.
- Negotiating a £700,000 settlement on behalf of an ex-employee suffering post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Successfully pursuing the Managing Partner of a firm of solicitors for professional negligence and obtaining a six-figure settlement.
- Obtaining without notice injunctive relief on behalf of a local farmer being harassed by a neighbour who blocked access to his farm.
- Successfully applying to have a without notice injunction set aside on the grounds that inadequate disclosure had been provided to the Court.
- Pursuing a firm of solicitors for an account and payment out of an ex-partner’s share.
- Suing an executor for defrauding the deceased’s estate of circa £0.5 million and obtaining an out of court settlement.
- Successfully defending an Inheritance Act claim on behalf of a national charity and securing property worth £2.5 million.
- Being proactive and efficient
- Delivering pragmatic and commercially-minded advice
- Being unfazed by complex and detailed action with an ability to always see “the bigger picture”
- Able to accurately evaluate the strength of a case and give appropriate advice accordingly
- Inheritance Act claims and those requiring the need for immediate injunctive relief
Outside of work
Clive is a keen mountain biker and walker, plays golf badly and is learning the rudiments of “pickle ball”, the fast growing participant sport in America!